A website may be good, mediocre or poor at converting existing visitors to customers. Conversion rate optimisation (or CRO) means doing the following:
- Find out how well the site converts at the moment
- Review available data for issues (such as in Analytics)
- Look for areas to be improved (starting with those most likely to gain the biggest results)
- Run tests
- Evaluate the results, continue with the good
- Repeat the process
- What are the possible gains from a CRO service?
1) Even if your site is doing well, you could gain more business by improving how well your site converts the existing visitors it receives.
2) At the other end of the scale, you could find out what is preventing your site from converting. Fix the issues and you could see more sales or leads from your site.